Popular conservative commentator and journalist Tucker Carlson returned to his views with the first episode of a new political talks show – “Tucker on Twitter.”
However, according to his former employer, Fox News, he is in trouble because by doing so, he breached his still existing contract with the network.
Fox Wasn’t to Be Happy Anyway…
Tucker Carlson was axed by Fox with no explanation several weeks ago, after his employer agreed to pay nearly $800 million to Dominion Voting Systems.
The massive payment was a settlement in a defamation lawsuit by Dominion over allegations made by Carlson and other Fox personalities about fraud in the 2020 election.
While the fate of the firebrand journalist’s contract with Fox remained unclear, last week Tucker Carlson aired directly on Twitter the first episode of his new show.
Needless to say, his former employer was expected to be unhappy about the possibility that he might steal much of its audience – especially as Fox’s viewership practically collapsed after his ouster.
Yet, his former network is taking the matter far more seriously.
Bernard Gugar, Fox’s general counsel, sent a letter to the journalist’s lawyers, declaring Carlson just breached his contract with the network, Newsmax reports, quoting Axios.
BREAKING: Fox News lawyers have reached out to Tucker Carlson notifying him that he breached his contract by launching his show on Twitter.
So Fox is allowed to fire Tucker but he is not allowed to speak freely online?
In response to the move by Fox, Tucker's lawyers responded… pic.twitter.com/UFGpjNFmqb
— Collin Rugg (@CollinRugg) June 7, 2023
BREAKING: In defiance of Fox News’ legal threats, Tucker Carlson has released Episode 2 of “Tucker on Twitter”
— ALX 🇺🇸 (@alx) June 8, 2023
Retweet and follow me if you stand with Tucker Carlson like I do! ♥️
F U C K Y O U Fox News! pic.twitter.com/gNUfS23PoE
— ＭＡＧＡ ＢＡＲＢＩＥ (@FLMagaBarbie) June 7, 2023
Fox Claims He’s Banned from Any Medium
Gugar insisted, per Carlson’s still existing deal with Fox, his service were supposed to be exclusive to the network. His Twitter video commentary, which was over 10 minutes, left him in violation of those terms.
The Fox counsel pointed out further that the former host was “prohibited from rendering” any type of services, regardless of whether those might be online or via streaming.
Carlson’s lawyers reacted by stating any lawsuits by Fox News over their client’s new Twitter show would constitute a violation of his rights under the First Amendment.
Bryan Freedman, Carlson’s lawyer, told Axios that the journalist was only using social media in order to share his views about current events.
The first episode of “Tucker on Twitter” gathered more than 80 million views in the first 48 hours after its release. For the time being, it is still unclear whether Fox New will indeed sue Tucker Carlson over his new show on Twitter.
WELL WHADOYAKNOW – FOX GOT RID OF THEIR MEAL TICKET IN ORDER TO CENSOR THE NEWS AND NOW THEY WANT TO PUNISH CARLSON FOR GETTING THE REAL NEWS OUT ANYWAY.
Tucker’s first episode has nearly 92 million views.
Tucker Carlson’s lawyer told Axios if Fox News takes legal action… pic.twitter.com/r9LcO8L068
— BelannF (@BelannF) June 8, 2023
This article appeared in The State Today and has been published here with permission.
BREAKING: Fox News plans to sue Tucker Carlson after his 1st video on Twitter went viral
They claim it’s a breach of contract
Maybe we boycott Fox News until they stop trying to silence one of the biggest voices before the 2024 election?
— DC_Draino (@DC_Draino) June 7, 2023